Who we are
- Ruislip Turtles Swimming Club was formed in 1964 and is a registered charity 1055585.
- The club is open to all people with a disability together with their helpers or immediate family.
- The club caters for all standards of swimmers and for all ages. The main pool is equipped with a hoist to help those with a physical disability in and out of the water.
- The club meets at the Highgrove pool, Ruislip every Saturday between 5pm and 6pm.
- Ruislip Turtles Swimming Club has exclusive use of both pools at Highgrove during these times.
- Help and tuition is provided for a period of time by our swimming teachers and helpers but can not be guaranteed at every session.
- The club also offers opportunities for competitions by way of galas against other swimming clubs for people with disabilities.
- We also organise various social events throughout the year.
The Committee ( Click here to see photos )
The Officers & Committee are elected every year at the AGM.
The Club may also appoint an Honorary Club President from time to time, this position is currently held by Dave Lee.
The 2021/22 Officers & Committee were elected as follows:
- Treasurer : Rosemary Noyes
- Secretary : Heather Johnston
- Child Protection Officer : Andy Wallis
- Assistant Secretary : Bijan Ghorbanian
- Chief Instructor & Health & Safety Officer: Cheryl Lee
- Competition Secretary: David Lee
- Committee Members : Peter Horne, Linda Clark, Don Lamb, Andy Wallis, Lesley Taylor & Terry Cheshire
- Co-Opted Members (Non Voting) Patricia Bonney
The vacant positions of Chair will be rotated for 21/22.
Annual Accounts are presented to the AGM by the Treasurer, the accounts are then filed with the Charities Commission
All members may attend the AGM and take part in the election and re-election of the Officers & Committee.
On joining the Turtles Swimming Club you should make yourself aware of the constitution and all our policies.
These are due annually on 1st April
£16 per adult
£8 per child / person with disability
£1 per swim (£3 per family)