Turtles Swimming Club
Child and Vulnerable Adult Protection Policy Statement
If any person within the club has a doubt to this policy’s relevance to their role and duties then please contact the Child Welfare Officer for The Turtles Swimming Club : Andrew Wallis
The Club and those involved with the club will abide by the following principles and statements:
· All children and vulnerable adults within The Turtles Swimming Club, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, ability or disability, have the right to be protected.
· All children and vulnerable adults participating in sport have a right to do so in a safe environment.
· Adults working at The Turtles Swimming Club will provide a safe, positive and fun sporting experience for children and vulnerable adults.
· Adults – volunteers, coaches and officials will understand and be supported in their role and responsibility with regard to the Duty of Care for children and vulnerable adults.
· All suspicions and allegations will be taken seriously, managed and dealt with swiftly and appropriately.
· It is the responsibility of the child protection experts to determine whether or not abuse has taken place, but it is the responsibility of all those working within The Turtles Swimming Club to report any concerns.
· The club will assist coaches, volunteers and officials to remain up-to-date with the latest Child and Vulnerable Adults Protection issues.
· The club will appoint a Child Welfare Officer whose role is to be responsible for issues concerning Child and Vulnerable Adult’s welfare at the club.
· The club will carry out regular risk assessments to ensure the safety of children and vulnerable adults and all members of the club.
The Turtles Swimming Club has a full Child and Vulnerable Adult’s Protection & Safeguarding Policy that provides further in-depth information on Child Protection & Safeguarding within the sports club. To get a copy of this Policy please contact the Child Welfare Officer or view on the Turtles Website: www.ruislipturtles.org.uk
|Committee, Rules & Consitition|